Septic System Inspection in Everett
January 21, 2015
Having your septic tank back up or malfunction in any way can be a very unpleasant experience to say the least, and can be a very rude awakening. Not only can this be a literal breeding ground for a host of bacteria, it can be a costly venture to clean up. The best method to minimize any potential problems with a septic system is to set up a regular inspection and maintenance schedule with a friendly neighborhood septic service provider. At Superior Septic Services, LLC, we would be more than happy to provide you with regular septic inspection in Everett.
If the location of the septic system is known, a great deal of information can be obtained from a careful visual inspection. For example, the type of ground around the tank can tell an inspector if the soil is suitable for proper drainage. A cracked or broken lid could indicate potential problems down the road.
A regular septic system inspection may include but not limited to;
- A check of the inlet/outlet baffles (if visible)
- A measurement of the sludge and scum thickness and depth
- A confirmation the motor, compressor, timer and alarm are in proper working order
- A check to ensure the line from the tank to the septic field is working properly
- A visual check for any solids moving into the grey water tank or into the absorption lines
- An assurance the tank is cleaned out of solids at regular intervals depending on the capacity of the tank and the number of people using the system.
A regular inspection cannot really guarantee a septic system will not fail, but knowing where the system is, the age, the type, the capacity and when it was last cleaned out or serviced can assist our technicians in thwarting off any possible concerns.
To take preventative measures and schedule a septic inspection in Everett, call Superior Septic Services today at (425)905-2485. Our knowledgeable and professional staff will be pleased to answer any questions you may have regarding our services.